Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Blog Post #8
As I began to write my ethnography essay I had a hard time deciding what I was going to argue in my paper. I had spent so much time in this space, written papers, done a speech, yet, I still hadn't figured out what my argument was. At first I seemed confused, however, after sitting with my teacher I found that I actually have a good argument. The first thing that I will be changing about my ethnography essay is my argument. In my essay I will argue that within A Cup of Commonwealth's shop, there is a community culture. Now that I have a focus within my ethnography essay, I plan on giving my opinion on the space.Within my first ethnography draft, I spoke a lot about what Chris Ortiz, the owner of the shop thought. I am going to switch it completely to what I think about the space, and perhaps use Ortiz's thoughts as primary research within my essay. The last change that I will be making within my essay is the addition of secondary sources. In my first ethnography draft I had one or two secondary sources, because I didn't have a solid argument. Since I now have a solid argument I will be using more secondary sources, in order to support my argument. One thing that I had at the beginning of my argument was a description of a cup of commonwealth. Instead of using this as an intro I will be using it within my paper in order to support my argument. After meeting with my teacher, I know that my paper will be a lot better.I feel that just by looking at the comments my teacher left on my rough draft, I really have a new transformed paper. I looked forward to putting all my pieces together, and hopefully, put together a well written essay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment