Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Post # 7

                  
                 A Secondary source that I will be using during my speech is "Economic Citizenship and the Rhetoric of Gourmet Coffee." This article speaks about Gourmet coffee, in specific it talks about Starbucks coffee and somethings that Starbucks does that many people don't know about. I am using this source in order to compare my cultural space, A Cup of Commonwealth, to Starbucks. I think this is a good secondary resource to use since something that my cultural space offers is Fair Trade USA coffee. Fair Trade USA coffee wants to stop everything Starbucks basically does. In this article an in depth look at what kind of things can looked at deeper and used to compare the type of things a Cup of Commonwealth does compared to Starbucks. Specific things that could be talked about from this article is how Starbucks tries to look like a good coffee company by providing care in countries that need clean water, when rather they are hurting countries by the very little they're paying for the coffee, something that Fair Trade USA coffee stands against.This is the kind of information I will be using from this piece in my ethnography.   





Economic Citizenship and the Rhetoric of Gourmet Coffee
Paula Mathieu
Rhetoric Review , Vol. 18, No. 1 (Autumn, 1999), pp. 112-127
Published by: Taylor & Francis, Ltd.
Article Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/466093

No comments:

Post a Comment