Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog Post 5

          As I sat down to start watching myself speak in front of my peers, I knew I wasn't going to be impressed, however, I didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was. As I began to watch I remembered how nervous I was going up in front of the class. Even after several rehearsals, just when you think you have it perfect, there is something that messes you up. Walking up in front of the class I kept telling myself, that these were people just like me, yet the nerves still wouldn’t vanish. My nerves affected my speech, and even at times led me to choke up; I definitely let my nerves get to me. Despite the fact I let my nerves really get to me, I believe that I had a very easy following presentation. I followed the presentation method that was provided on the outline. I gave a background on the presentation, and spoke about what I was planning to research about my space. I spoke about all my points that were in my thesis statement along with how I planned on going forward with the project. The things I could of improved were my speaking skills, I choked sometimes, and said “umm” quit a bit. I found that at the end of my presentation I had a give up attitude because I thought I had done terrible, which I think hurt me even more. I think the content I had was sufficient, it was just going up there and presenting that probably hurt my grade the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment